1. Individuals from the EROPA region of at least 16 years of age (including private or public sector employees, students, photographers, etc.) can submit a photo/photo-essay showcasing Public Administration and Governance. Registration to this photo/photo-essay contest is FREE.
2. An individual is allowed to submit a maximum of two entries with the accomplished registration form. Contestants aiming to submit 2 entries may come up with either 2 photos, 2 photo-essays, or 1 photo and 1 photo-essay. Each entry should be submitted separately and independently.
3. Only single-shot photos are allowed in this contest. Combining two or more images into one file using photo editing tools (composite image) is not allowed.
4. For this contest, a photo essay entry is a set or series of at least two (2) but no more than five (5) photographs in one spread/page.
5. Photo/photo-essay must be in JPEG format not larger than 3MB with a minimum resolution of 1200 pixels by 1600 pixels with a resolution of 72
pixels per inch (PPI). Upon EROPA’s request, participants will be asked to submit a photo/photo-essay with a resolution of at least 300 PPI. Failure to submit the high resolution photo/photoessay may be cause for disqualification.
6. No marks should be found in the photo/photoessay other than the subject/s taken.
7. Photo/photo-essay can be post-processed but limited only to basic actions such as contrast, colour-balancing, sharpening, cropping and dodging and burning. Entries may be colored, black and white, sepia or others. Composite
images are strictly not allowed.
8. Photos should be original work and have not been previously uploaded or published. The photo must not violate existing laws and regulations on
intellectual property rights. Submissions with copyright infringement issues shall be automatically disqualified from the competition. EROPA reserves the right to disqualify submissions that infringe on intellectual property rights
(contents, images, etc). EROPA is not responsible or liable for any participant’s infringement of intellectual property rights of any third party and/
or violation of any existing copyright laws.
9. Relatives of EROPA Secretariat staff and members of the Screening Committee and EROPA Committee, or those who are under their employ, are not eligible to join this contest.
10. Submission of a photo/photos confers upon EROPA the right to use, reproduce, upload online, distribute, publish, copy, and/or improve such photo, with acknowledgment of the original owner (contestant). EROPA may also allow its partners to do the same provided EROPA explicitly grants
its permission. Disqualified and excluded submissions are not included in the above mentioned category.
11. Materials that contain any unlawful, rude, or discriminatory content and/or statements will
12. EROPA may decide to exclude a submission if it deems the photo to be irrelevant to the subject of Public Administration and Governance.
13. Participants should “Like” the EROPA Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/EROPA1960.
14. Entries should be sent to the EROPA Secretariat at email@example.com on or before 30 April 2012, 17:00 Manila Time (GMT +8).
15. Each entry sent to firstname.lastname@example.org should have the
subject “OMG! Entry” and an attached:
- accomplished registration form
- photo / photo-essay
16. The registration form can be downloaded from the contest’s official website: www.ohmygovernment.weebly.com. To avoid
miscommunication, all entries should be in the English language.